I'm Allison and I'm a designer, developer, coder, illustrator, content creator, strategist, dachshund mom, knitter, Ravenclaw, The West Wing fanatic, and amateur half marathoner. You probably need at least a few of those things in your life, so I'm glad you found me!
I believe the relationship between a creative and a client should be more than a transaction; the best work comes from not just knowing what someone wants, but why they want it. I get to know a client's goals beyond a business plan, their needs beyond a deliverable list. And because I work in everything — websites, digital, social, print, publications, content, and beyond — I plan from the start how all of these pieces work together for a consistent and robust presence where you need to be.
Additional document layouts (Syracuse University School of Education, 2016-2017):
Strategy & Research
- Marketing & Communications Specialist | Syracuse University School of Education, Syracuse, NY
- Collaborate with director, development office, and stakeholders on print, and web collateral for School and centers/institutes.
- Develop school branding based on university guidance, consult with departments to ensure understanding and compliance.
- Schedule, design, and analyze email marketing and social media content/voice, increasing engagement 10-20% across platforms.
- Coordinate School web redesign, content strategy/development; liaise with departments to determine needs and solutions.
- Planning, advertising, logistics, and on-site coordination of successful national conferences for 1000+ attendees per year.
- Developed accessible communications training materials and session for School that has been implemented University-wide.
- Independent Communications, Web, & Design Consultant | Syracuse, NY
- Primarily work with individual creatives, small businesses, nonprofits to increase awareness and consistency of digital footprint.
- Project managed and implemented start-to-finish branding and identity projects, print and screen graphics, digital strategy.
- Build clean, responsive, accessible websites, optimizing content and structure; social media positioning and content creation.
- Develop and provide 1-on-1 and group training to maximize internal buy-in and ownership, and position for future success.
Community Leadership and Volunteering
- Moderator and Community Leader | Tuataria
- On leadership team of 1000+ member international Nerdfighter online community across multiple platforms, primarily Discord.
- Collaborate to facilitate events, deliver technical effectiveness and security, collect and analyze member information via census, maintain website, and ensure safety and wellbeing of members (some young and/or vulnerable).
- Volunteer Crisis Counselor | Crisis Text Line
- Complete 4 hour commitment per week as crisis counselor with international text message-based crisis support line.
- Passed 30+ hour training and 1-on-1 assessment in good contact techniques, risk assessment, empathetic communication, collaborative problem solving with both texters and fellow counselors, and mental health issues.
- M.S. Communications | Specialization: Advertising
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse University | Syracuse, NY
Relevant Coursework: Multimedia Storytelling, Digital Branding & Strategy, Social Media for Communicators, Research Design
- B.S. Digital Arts & Sciences | Minors: Digitally Mediated Communications; Mathematics
Clarkson University | Potsdam, NY
Relevant Coursework: Interactive Design, Digital Studio, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Architecture
- Tools: Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere); Google Drive App; Hootsuite social management/native platform analytics incl. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram; Wordpress CMS and Theme Development.